Internet Explorer 8 Is Having Problems Caching Returned JSON Results
As you all know, I released CJ File Browser 3.1 the other day and I thought I had tested the heck out of it. Well, a user discovered that it wasn't working properly in IE8. The script relies heavily on jQueries getJSON function to communicate with the handler engine (The code the does all the grunt work for the browser). The problem was occurring when the user uploaded or deleted the file. He had to close the browser window and the re-open it to see the results.
Immediately, I knew it was a caching issue. My first guess was the HTML file that handles the browser layout needed to have the no-caching META tags placed in the header. I added those, but the problem still persisted. Then it dawned on me, I had a similar problem with Safari and a problem it was having with caching iFrame content. This was solved by adding a simple URL parameter with it's value set to the current time. Safari would then see that something was different and would no longer cache the page.